Part-time Property Lettings Manager
Rooms In Town - Birmingham is looking for a part-time Property Lettings Manager.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate skills required by this role (as stated below) although full training and support will be given. Our concern is finding the right person and we are prepared to support the right candidate even if they have not got extensive experience.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please prepare a covering letter outlining previous experience and relevant skills for this role. Sending a CV would be advantageous.
Please note that we will only notify successful candidates and invite them for interview.
Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is home-based. Properties that you will be managing are based in South, Central and North Birmingham primarily.
Remuneration will be matched to the successful candidate’s skill and experience. We intend to offer a package that will provide minimum wage plus commission, which could ultimately work out in excess of £20 per hour.
Approximately 10-15 hours plus per month to suit the candidate. The number of hours is primarily dependant on tenant turnover (due to viewings) and the efficiency of the candidate. The schedule is mostly up to the individual since this role fundamentally requires working on own initiative. Flexibility is required for any viewings, emergencies or other business that happens outside normal business hours.
Role and Responsibilities
The main role is to let rooms and properties in Birmingham and surrounding areas. You will need to be excellent with people and the ability to sell is imperative as you will be the company’s manager for lettings.
• Tenants: Dealing with potential and existing tenants in a professional and courteous manner.
• Marketing: Primarily through use of internet, send and reply emails, call potential tenants, filter them and arrange viewings. Other methods as required.
• Viewings: Arrange appointments, prepare in advance for viewing, show room, complete documentation (holding deposit if necessary).
• Moving in: Meet new tenant at house and complete paperwork and financial transaction, handover keys.
• Dealing with issues as they come up: e.g.: untidiness, damage to property, etc
• Moving out: ensuring exchange of keys and return of deposit in principle.
Property: Ensuring that the houses are kept to a high level of living accommodation.
• Administration: Managing all forms of administration and paperwork in an organised and efficient way.
• Paperwork: Ensuring all paperwork is present, correct and filed (Tenancy agreement, inventory, Reference checks, etc)
• Banking: of deposits and first months rent, returning of deposits. Accounting of petty cash expenses.
This list highlights the important qualities expected within this role.
• Excellent with people
• Ability to sell
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Good communication skills
• Good administration skills
• Good numeracy skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Be able to work as part of a team
Home based administrator required
We are a fast growing business advisory company looking for support staff to assist with administrative duties.
These will include:
- Mananging mailshots
- Email campaigns
- Basic administration
Ability to use a PC
Ability to mail merge
Methodical and efficient
Candidates must have their own PC and printer setup.
Approximately 5-8 hours per week initially growing to 10 hours per week to suit both parties.
Deadlines will be set on a project basis and will accommodate flexible working requirements.
£5.80 per hour plus expenses.
Would suit a parent requiring flexibility to work on their own timetable.
Full training and support will be provided to the right candidate.
Role can be performed from any location as working will be remote.
Applications via email - CV and covering letter
Closing date: Friday 31st July 2009
Successful short-listed candidates will be notified by Friday 7th August.